First of all, thank you for allowing me to participate in this test. I'm having a lot of fun and I'm enjoying the game very much! Below are all my thoughts so far, let me know if you want me to break them down into different threads next time.Feedback:
- The character preview on the character creation screen is too far away. It's really hard to see what we are choosing, especially facial hair. I know that in the game we will barely see it anyway since that's the camera angle, but it would be nice to at least know for sure what we picked.
- The character's animations are on point, amazing job!
- Sound effects and environment sounds are incredibly done as well! It's missing some background music in some places, though.
- Sometimes the text is really hard to read, both in the chat and when talking to NPCs. Maybe a darker background around the text would help.
- The big sword sound effect is too loud.
- Currently, I can only see messages on chat for a few seconds before they disappear. Although there is the Page Up key to see the history, I think it would be more interesting to be able to see the last five or so messages when I'm typing in chat.
- I think the trees disappearing when we walk behind them is a really clever mechanic.
- When you hover over a new item and you are wearing that same item, you won't see a window comparing both, but I think you should be able to see that to avoid confusion. (Screenshot)
- The level up sound seems a little too loud to me, but regardless of that, I think it doesn't fit the game very well (though I don't know how end-game would be). The sound seems a little futuristic and kind of something from space, and the game is very medieval.
- Mud Giant is a bit blind with his 4-shot attack. He hardly shoots against you, he always does it a little to the side. (Video)
- Initially, I was not sure if I had to just reveal the travel stone or if I had to click on it to enable it. I think a notification tell the player that he activated a new travel point would be useful.
- Not sure if the yellow Mushroom Minion is overpowered or if its poison mushrooms are a bit buggy or both. When a few of those get together it gets very hard to attack/move without getting hit by the poison green things and sometimes when rolling, I get stuck in place or rolled back to a previous position.
- I believe either the font or quality of other player's name should be changed. It seems a bit pixelated compared to the rest of the graphics. (Screenshot)
- I believe players should be able to just click and hold to attack. Currently, we have to keep clicking to keep attacking. That builds up fatigue on my hands, especially when I need to walk and attack with the same button. I made a macro to try it out if it would be better, and I liked much more.
- I don't think it's necessary to show a notification every time someone else on my party levels up. A line on the chat should be sufficient. (Screenshot)
- I don't know if that's intentional, but the cave's map doesn't reveal itself as we explore. (Screenshot)
- You can walk through the cave's exit. (Video)
- Every time I logged out and back in, that corpse at the beginning of the game became active again, which means that I could click on it and drop an item every time (usually that basic shield).
- Typo: Recieved > Received (Screenshot)
- Caps is not working on the chat.
- Chat is detecting all action keys. For example, when I type 'e' on the chat, my character blocks.
- By blocking, I'm able to heal beyond my max hp.
- When I'm riding the panther, everything else stops working (e.g. the map doesn't reveal itself, NPCs don't talk to me anymore, travel stones' icon disappear from the map, monsters disappear altogether). (Screenshot1 & Screenshot2)
- Some icons on the minimap have borders while we walk (Screenshot1 - zoom in and look at the ingot)
- The first time I talk with the merchant from the second village, the shop screen opens and close.
- An icon for health monsters appeared outside of the map. (Screenshot)
- There are some rocks missing colliders. (Video)
- When I move an equipment in my inventory, there is one quest that pops up every time. (Video)
- Allow us to buy items by just holding the Ctrl key and left-clicking the item.
- I think it would be very interesting to hover the mouse over icons on the minimap and see a popup saying what that is.
- I would like to be able to zoom in to see the details of the game better.
- Craft tracker. This is something that I saw in some strategy and survival games, where you can select a craft recipe to track your gathering process. This makes remembering which items you need really easy.
- It is much more pleasurable when we hear a louder sound or a stronger sound when we cause a critical strike. This improves the game immersion, that's one of the reasons why I'm really enjoying the blocking mechanic.
- It would be good to be able to see numbers about your EXP, like how much EXP you need to the next level and how much you have now.
- How does saving work?
- Are there any penalties for dying?
- Can we sell our items somewhere?
Overall, I'm loving the game. I can't wait for it to be done.