PandaKnifeTree

Our Development Forum

Introduction thread

Introduction thread

Postby Frankie » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:01 am

Hi everyone! Welcome to our forum. Feel free to introduce yourself, I'll start;

I'm Frankie, I've been making all the art for this game. I've been working in games for the past 13 years and prior to that lots of quake modding! Some other games I worked on were Wolf ET, QuakeWars, Need for Speed Shift 1/2. I've been really enjoying making this game, looking forward to see what you all think!
Frankie
Site Admin

Re: Introduction thread

Postby Pete » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:18 am

Hey, I'm Pete,

I'm the coder on Ultimate Party! I code in various languages and have worked on a couple of big games in the past. I love open world massively multi-player games and the dynamic of just being able to do your thing and meet new people while playing. I especially like Realm of the Mad God and used to be a guild leader in World of Warcraft. I was also a big Diablo 2 fan and spent much of my youth playing it.

Hope you enjoy our forum we'll do our best to respond to any posts and ideas from here!
Pete
Site Admin

Postby thoot7 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi , I'm Jacob.
Sometimes I'm hardcore player , I like MMORPG genre ,because of it's multiple possibilities it gives to a player. I'm very much interested in your game. It's something new to me ( I mean MMO-Arpg with isometric camera ,open ,huge world ,dashing etc.)It looks like Unity engine can really make beautiful isometric game :D I'd really love to try your game "UP" so I'm looking forward to another tests!
Thx.
thoot7

Postby MaskedChimp » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:36 pm

Hello all,

My name is Marcos. I'm from Brazil, but I live in the US, I've been a gamer for sooo many years now. At the moment I'm trying to learn Unity, and by looking at your project, Unity indeed can do awesome stuff. And this game is one of my favorite genres, so I'm very excited to see how things are going. And as always, if you need any help, I'll be around. :)
Last edited by MaskedChimp on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaskedChimp

Postby evilgrin » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi, I'm Reu, and I'm in the US. Big fan of Arpg's, play lots of diablo and others. I like open world game play with pvp. I'm in quite a big and old gaming guild called Sun http://www.guildofsun.com/Webnodes/en/Web/SUN/News. We have quite a few software guys in the guild, as well as great alpha testers. Quite bummed by Albion online and bored with Poe.
evilgrin

Postby Frankie » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:22 pm

Really nice to have you all on board and looking forward to a time we can go and beat up some of the monsters together :D
Frankie
Site Admin

Postby organista » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Martin and I'm glad that I was able to find you guys. I'm a a huge fan of all games but mostly sports, rpg and mmo of course. I still play, mostly in Diablo 3 and NWO, waiting for something more interesting on the market. Occasionally i play Diablo 2 which gave me a great memories. Personally i love games with isometric view, a few times even I was involved as a story writer and 2D amateur graphic designer in several projects, aiming to create one of them. Unfortunately, all of them fallen because of programmers who have abandoned the project in the middle. So, i wish you all the best and i hope that sooner or later, everyone will be able to play your game, because I have to admit, it looks great.
organista

Postby piotras » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi there, I found you through a RockPaperShotgun article. I'm Polish but I'm doing a PhD in UK. Started as a big fan of RPGs, followed through with aRPGs, FPS and MMOs. The information currently available is rather scarce but I'm looking forward to your game! Wish you all the best with the development!
piotras

Postby Pete » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:16 pm

piotras wrote:The information currently available is rather scarce but I'm looking forward to your game!

I just wanted to pick up on this briefly to say that we didn't expect this article at all! It's quite out of the blue for us so we're a little unprepared but trying our best to get a little more information about the game out there.

Thanks to all of you for joining our forum I think we have enough people now to make it worthwhile for us to post work in progress content and ideas in the development section for feedback and suggestions. We should be working on our 3rd character class (Probably some kind of shape shifting healer) and starting to think about breaking some elements of the characters into skill trees soon.

We're also going to be considering possible ideas for PvP and competitive end game so keep your eye on the development section of the forum for more details! We'll keep it for members only so we can post slightly less polished material in there :D Maybe we'll even do some small scale live tests to get early feed back!
Pete
Site Admin

Postby ilich » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:46 am

Hello everyone. I'm Ilya from Russia and I'm sorry for my bad english. I love RPG genre and I'm glad that I found your game. I'm currently working as a java programmer and as for my hobby I like to play guitar a lot. :ugeek: Hope you can make this game really great and we all will enjoy it soon.
ilich

Postby Tinwax » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:39 pm

Hey, i am another Martin, i also saw the article and it brought me here with great interest as a fan of old isometric games they are just more appealing somehow, it helps i like rpg type games too signed up to follow any updates with vigor and anticipation :)
Tinwax

Postby Frankie » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Welcome Ilich and Tinwax, great to have you both around.
Frankie
Site Admin

Postby Superw0rri0 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:55 am

Hello! Superw0rri0 here!

I've been burned out from PoE and D3 (kind of games in general too) so I thought I'd search for new ARPGs and I found you guys through the Rock Paper Shotgun article. Hasn't been much talk around here lately so I'm just curious as to how development has been going now that the holidays are over.
Superw0rri0

Postby Pete » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Hey Superw0rri0, welcome to our forum!

We're still hard at work, currently we're working on more first pass content so I expect it will be a little while before we're ready to show it. We'll definitely post up when we feel we have something people are going to find interesting though.
Pete
Site Admin

Postby Superw0rri0 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:18 am

Awesome! Glad to hear that. I'll be posting around some of the other threads just to throw me 2 cents around. Can't for this come out!
Superw0rri0

Double post....
Last edited by Superw0rri0 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Superw0rri0

Triple post -_-
Superw0rri0

Return to General Chat